North Country Transportation Services
No. 1 Recommended Transport Service in the North Country
We are a Certified Veteran Owned Business
We are a Veteran Owned Business
North Country Transportation Services is a Certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, Certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, and NYS Certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business.
Please contact us for more details.
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
North Country Transportation is the leader in non-emergency MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION via a wheelchair accessible van. Our medical transportation specialists are professionally trained and certified.
North Country Transportation offers secure BUSINESS TRANSPORTATION for business executives traveling throughout CNY and Northern New York. We provide highly vetted, professional security Transportation Specialists in a range of vehicles to guarantee clients secure, comfortable, and highly competent executive transportation services.
Guests staying at the local Four- and Five-Star hotels in Watertown rely on us for exceptional HOTEL SHUTTLE service.
For more information on our Security Services or Security Service Training Program Please call 315-681-4953 or visit nightfightersecurity.com
Let North Country Transportation take you to and from the airport in safety and comfort. Whether you are traveling alone or with a group, we are ready to provide the perfect AIRPORT TRANSFER for you and your guests.
We provide non-emergency medical transportation to the following counties
- Jefferson County
- St. Lawrence County
- Lewis County
- Oswego County
- Onondaga County
- Herkimer County
OUR TRANSPORTATION SPECIALISTS
Exceptional Transportation Specialists are the foundation of an exceptional transportation service. NCTS applies the following standards to ensure we hire only the best to drive you safely, reliably and on time.
North Country Transportation Services conducts thorough background investigations for all candidates that include:
- A series of extensive interviews
- DMV Abstract for the past 3 years, and then every 6 months after NCTS employment
- An Oral Interview, Social Media Platform interview
- FBI Investigation background check
Driver and Passenger Safety
We train, instruct, and consistently practice safety, whether it is new industry standards and/or new procedures from the acquisition of a new wheelchair accessible Van. As of 7 April 2020, we have also implemented COVID-19 disinfectant and sanitation procedures after each transport, and transportation specialist are required to wear a mask, as mandated.
Customer Service Training
Be assured that your NCTS Transportation Specialist has received the industry’s gold standard customer service training, and will be attentive to all your needs, as well as your guests and family. The net result of our two-week training program is a Transportation Specialist that excels at making your transport smooth and comfortable.
We stand by our words: “A Step Above.” Patient Care starts in the Heart of our Company which is transferred down to our Transportation Specialists and Reservation Specialists. A proper greeting and a smile are contagious and go along way when serving our clients and guests. All Transportation Specialists are trained to arrive 15 minutes prior, exit the vehicle to check and see if the client or guest needs any assistance and meet and greet any facility staff or family members.
NCTS Transportation Specialists are certified NYS Security Guards. “Safety First, Safety Always” is a method and a consistent practice. Our Transportation Specialists are also trained in selecting the proper route upon arrivals and their departures. This method helps avoid, reduce, and eliminate delays, traffic, and any unforeseen variables in the Non-Emergency Medical Transportation industry.
- We certify each of our Transportation Specialists via a two-week required driver training program.
- NEMTAC Certified Transport Specialist 2020
- New York State Department of Transportation Minority-owned Business Enterprise (MBE) Certification
- ASIS International
- NYS Division of Service-Disabled Veterans’ Business Development
- NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services General Topics Security Guard Instructor
- Dignitary Protection Training Course ISA101, International Foundation for Protection Officers
- Dignitary Protection DPP101. Independent Security Advisors Dignitary Protection Studies Program
- Executive Protection Institute
- International Association of Personal Protection Agents
- National Business Development Council Certification
Ford Escape SEL Ecoboost
Ford Transit XLT 350
Lexus ES 350
Start a Reservation
Our rates vary based on the day of transportation and the destination you are traveling to or from. We offer competitive transfer and hourly rates based on the vehicle types selected and the destination you are traveling to. Contact us today for a quote based on your specific transportation needs.
Originally created to fill the void of Hotel Shuttle Services for the area’s 4 and 5-Star hotels, NCTS has grown into a multi-transportation services organization.
Our “A Step Above” mindset has helped us build a reputation for exceptional customer service and become the #1 recommended transport service in the North Country. NCTS is a Certified Service Disabled/Veteran Owned, Medical, Business, Security, and Executive and Business Airport Transportation Company.
President / CEO
As the President / CEO, Zamar Turner has envisioned and created the leading Non-Emergency Transportation Company in the North Country. Zamar has acquired and achieved multiple State and Federal certifications, such as New York State Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business, NYS Department of Transportation, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and more. Zamar is also a certified NYS Security Guard Instructor for the three-week required driver training for all potential Transportation Specialists. He is a Retired Military veteran with 21 years of Service., having served in two branches of the U.S. Military Armed Forces, U.S. Marine Corps, and the United States Army, and lastly as a State of Maine Correctional Officer.
Chief Operating Officer
As the COO of North Country Transportations Services, Amy is responsible for Accounts receivable and Accounts payable, ensuring all direct business-to-business, or indirect, are complying with any new billing procedures. All mid-level General Managers report to her, which has enhanced the Human Resources role in hiring Transportation Specialists or additional staff. Amy is instrumental in implementing the NCTS COVID-19 Protocol and Procedures and has kept NCTS compliant and up to date with the latest OHSA and COVID-19 procedures as well as ongoing compliance and Transportations Specialists certifications.
Prior to this position Amy was an accomplished college student at Jefferson Community College and is currently pursuing a Master’s in Medical Management. Prior to college studies, she was an Office Manager for a local Carthage Dental Office for 10 years.
Keeping Our Vehicles Sanitized & Safe
Our top priority is the health and safety of our employees, clients, guests, and the State’s health care providers.
- All areas of our vehicles are sanitized after each transport.
- Any area that comes in contact is wiped down: handles, doors, seats, chairs, lifts, and windows.
- All NCTS workers must wash their hands as often as possible for 20 seconds using soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer consisting of at least 60% alcohol if soap and water is not readily available.
- Masks are worn by all Transportation Specialists.
- We transport one client or guest at a time; we do not multi load.
- We arrive 15 minutes prior to picking up our clients or guests, with their approval.
- Clients and guests are required to sit in the back of our vehicles, to help enforce social distancing.
- Our passenger vehicles have a plastic shield between our guest and Transportation Specialists.
- When appropriate, we ask each guest the appropriate questions to determine if they have been exposed to COVID-19.
- We keep a guest register for all transports.
- We would like all our guests to wear masks before entering our vehicles and while in our vehicles.